Thursday, September 3, 2009

Delores...


My Mom Mary, Sister DeAnn and Me!
This is for my Mom... Mary Delores Acton. She's everything I've always wanted to be and yet she's everything I am, as well.


Delores Smiles
Nothing soothes the pain like her touch,
a quiet song and Delores smiles.
Suddenly the baby falls asleep... the baby falls asleep.
Nothing can compare to how I feel,
her deep brown eyes and gentle hands.
She'd braid my hair and send me off to school...off to school.
The sound of her voice takes me there,
a place as a child; safe and fair.
If only our lives could suspend,
and keep her here as my best friend.
Nothing is forever, I can see.
We grown up and make our own family.
A quiet song for the Grandbaby, and see Delores smile...
How Delores Smiles...
There's nothing like her smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment